Monday, December 11, 2006

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto




If only you could hear... Pip and I, doing our number. Sarah took these great photos.

Styx - Mr. Roboto Lyrics

(Dennis DeYoung)

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,

Mata ah-oo hima de

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,

Himitsu wo shiri tai



You're wondering who I am-machine or mannequin

With parts made in Japan, I am the modren man



I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin

My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.

So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised

I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide

To keep me alive-just keep me alive

Somewhere to hide to keep me alive



I'm not a robot without emotions-I'm not what you see

I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free

I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour, forget what you know

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control

Beyond my control-we all need control

I need control-we all need control



I am the modren man, who hides behind a mask

So no one else can see my true identity



Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto

For doing the jobs that nobody wants to

And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto

For helping me escape just when I needed to

Thank you-thank you, thank you

I want to thank you, please, thank you



The problem's plain to see: too much technology

Machines to save our lives. Machines dehumanize.



The time has come at last

To throw away this mask

So everyone can see

My true identity...

I'm Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy!

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger afirmatron said...

man we are wicked Kat. People will be head hunting us soon for there xmas party entertainment.
0800 LIFE OF THE PARTY. Call now!!!!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jinty said...

Oh you little beauties! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home