Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Warm Reception From Dunedin South Club


Kat demonstrates an Amphibico housing for filming underwater.


One of the most exciting parts of being a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar is visting Rotary clubs and meeting extraordinary people. I was invited to speak at the Dunedin South Club and had the most wonderful time. These Rotarians are a very warm and welcoming bunch!


Douglas Hall, my host counsellor and Alistair Wright


Warwick Guild and fellow members

Paul Bennett


Ross Pinkham


Martin Hair & Dave Potter


Johanna Kinvig


Ros Rice



Phil Moore


James Henry Philip Cullen



Claire Ramsay, Matheson Beaumont, James Henry, Robt Wilson.

A big thanks to Ross Pinkham for helping me put together this Dunedin South photo album!

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Dan LeBlanc said...

What are some of the biggest challenges and rewards of being an Ambassadorial scholar?

Dan
Distict 7910
www.district7910.blogspot.com

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Kat Baulu said...

Thanks for your question, Dan. The biggest challenge of being an Ambassadorial scholar is finding a way to say 'yes' to every opportunity. There are only 24 hours in a day, and it is challenging to fit all that Rotary clubs offer into a sane schedule. For example, I am in Auckland right now. On Tuesday I spoke at three Rotary clubs: Westhaven at a breakfast meeting, Newmarket at a lunch meeting and Epsom at a dinner meeting. In between that I had to edit the film I am making for my university studies. Lots of my days resemble this. But as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar you have to grasp each chance offered to connect with your Rotary family and the community. Then the rewards follow! I have been invited into Rotarians homes, seen New Zealand through their eyes, travelled all over the North and South islands and discovered extraordinary places. Sharing experiences and learning what is important to people is the best gift of being an Ambassadorial Scholar. I am very lucky Dan, to be living my dream!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home