Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Complain, Complain, Complain



Grrrr, You. Apparently last year’s students felt the course was not challenging enough. So this year all the instructors have gone into Kill-The-Emerging-Filmmakers-With-Two-Tons-Of-Assignments-Overdrive. Tomorrow we are filming snails in elaborate sets we are designing on a dime. Friday we have a massive research paper due. A week from now we are pitching our thesis films in front of a critical audience. Ideas anyone? We have a feature article due in there somewhere, I can’t even keep track of which day.
All my friends and family back home are like, hey, have you been skiing? Toured wine country? No. Word to the wise, if you plan to come on this course from overseas in order to travel around the country, book a separate trip. Time is the most precious commodity you have, and it evaporates faster than a tear can dry. Please note, I am the only one complaining. That is because my distinguished colleagues are cut from superior cloth. They are a pack of over-achievers who laugh in the face of adversity. I endeavor to steal a page from their book and get on with it. But I really just had to vent. That’s it, that’s all.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jule said...

KAT!!!! Do you want to make me cry with this picture of yours? That's terrible!
I truly object. And I don't want to be called an over-achiever by you EVER again either. Call me a procrastinator - maybe that would be more appropriate. I choose not to think too much about the workload, just do it (at some point). Ey, girl, heads up, no tears, no desperation - give that lovely dog of yours a big smooch, show the workload the middle finger and fix yourself a drink!
I'll book a half-day horse trip for us next week. Details to be discussed.
I can't have you put up a picture like that on you blog EVER again!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Kat Baulu said...

Sounds like a plan Julia - nothing like horseback riding to get rid of the cobwebs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home